Social Services Director Celebration Care Center Full Time Days
Location: Kissimmee, Florida
Internal Number: 21040670
The Social Services Director functions on behalf of the nursing home and the residents by promoting the general well-being of each resident through identification of their emotional and psychosocial needs.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
·Provides medical related social services so that each resident may attain or maintain the highest practical level of mental, physical, and psychological well-being.
·Ensures that all PASRRs are completed accurately and timely in coordination with the admissions department.
·Stays current on Federal and State regulations pertaining to social services.
·Assist the resident, responsible party, and supportive others in the adjustment and orientation to the nursing home after admission.
·Conducts psycho-social assessments of residents.
·Ensures timely documentation on each resident in the facility as required.
·Participates in each resident’s plan of care meeting. Oversees that resident/families are invited and informed of the meetings.
·Ensures a Social History is completed as required, following an admission.
·Acts as the Discharge Coordinator for the facility.
·Acts as the grievance/concern intake person for the facility.
·Provides or arranges services for psychiatric medication management and other psych services.
·Coordinates with the facility risk manager and administrator to promptly address all allegations of abuse, neglect, and exploitation. Assists with investigations and filing of reports as needed.
·Possesses a knowledge of the community resources available and uses them to benefit and improve the quality of care as applicable for each resident.
·Participates in community relations development.
·Attends seminars, conventions and other educational opportunities to keep informed, improve personal knowledge, and share experiences.
·Advocates for the resident and their rights, helping the resident learn assertiveness in communicating their needs, wants, and problems to the appropriate departments and agencies.
·Works with other departments, residents and/or resident’s families in providing adequate appropriate clothing for the residents.
·Assists residents in exercising their right to vote.
·Meets with other providers and services utilized by residents in the facility in preparation for discharge.
·Assists residents with financial and governmental matters such as applying for Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security, funeral home arrangements, disability, etc.
·Participates in the quality assurance and performance improvement committee. Coordinates all relevant efforts in the Social Services department.
· Attends staff education, training and other required meetings.
·Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Empathy and compassion
· Effective verbal and written communication
· Ability to read, write, and speak English
· Astute observation skills
· Ability to follow set rules and protocols
· Time management and organizational skills
· Sense of responsibility
· Desire to work with others
· Understand and carry out exactly, detailed oral and written instructions
· Ability to keep records and make reports
· Ability to assign, observe, and evaluate those under her/his direction
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or a Human Services field including but not limited to Sociology, Special Education, Rehabilitation Counseling, and Psychology and minimum 2 years current experience as a Social Worker in a skilled nursing facility.
· In lieu of required bachelor’s degree, an Associate degree and a minimum of 7 years’ current experience as a Social Worker in a skilled nursing facility.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.