DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital is DMCâ��s largest hospital, offering a comprehensive heart center, cancer care, gerontology, emergency medicine, obstetrics/gynecology and cosmetic services. Sinai-Graceâ��s joint replacement program features a revolutionary minimally invasive knee and hip replacement surgery that attracts patients from all over the country. Sinai-Grace operates more than 21 outpatient care sites and ambulatory surgery centers throughout Wayne and Oakland Counties and is one of 10 hospitals in the nation to be awarded a Robert Wood Johnson Foundation grant to help set the standards of cardiac care for hospitals and physicians throughout the nation.
Under the supervision of a registered nurse and in collaboration with other members of a multidisciplinary team, develops and provides treatment and care to mental health patients.
â�¢ Provides one to one interaction with patients requiring intense care.
â�¢ Facilitates group teaching and task oriented sessions, observes patients relative to suicidal or homicidal intent and for effects of medication, assists professional staff with restraint and seclusion treatment procedures and with physical exams, obtains vital signs, performs specimen collection and dressing changes.
â�¢ Monitors and documents, according to prescribed standards, patient observations which may include mental status, response to treatment interventions and intensity of services provided.
â�¢ Completes court petitions, accompanies patients to court and testifies to substantiate the need for court ordered treatment.
â�¢ Communicates status of court activity to professional staff.
â�¢ Utilizes knowledge of Michigan Mental Health Code to educate patients and their families about rights guaranteed by the code.
1. Two years of college study in behavioral health or the equivalent combination of education and experience in a mental health setting, and six months of related clinical experience working with mentally ill patients;
Bachelorâ��s degree in a behavioral health discipline.
1. Analytical ability to assess current status of acutely ill patients and safety/security of milieu. Ability to anticipate and evaluate consequences, respond quickly and plan intervention for volatile situations.
2. High level of interpersonal and clinical skills necessary to facilitate didactic group sessions and to develop and maintain therapeutic relationships/skills with mentally ill patients, families and patient care providers.
3. Ability to read, understand and apply written description/documentation of behavioral observations and group processes.
4. Ability to perform routine clerical functions such as answering phones, and basic computer input and retrieval of information.
5. Ability to work productively and effectively within a complex environment, handle multiple/changing priorities and deal with stress associated with a mental health environment.
Physical ability to regularly (80-90% of work time) walk and stand; lift and move equipment as necessary; assist patients in repositioning, bed-chair-stretcher transferring, basic activities of daily living and maintenance locomotion requiring lifting, bending, pulling, pushing 60 or more pounds.
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Shift Begin: 7:00 AMShift End: 7:30 PM
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.