Perform, under the responsibility and supervision of the physician, diagnostic and therapeutic tasks to establish a diagnosis and to plan therapy. Assist in gathering the data necessary in implementing the therapeutic plan of the physician.
Provides therapeutic interventions with patients regularly.
Provides counseling for all assigned patients.
Conducts group therapy based on patient need.
Helps with ADL's as needed.
Works with patients on achieving their goals.
Uses non-violent intervention techniques.
Perform some routine duties as well as varied duties based on departmental needs.
Triages patient care by identifying, observing and documenting the physical needs of the patient and families.
· Reports changes in patient condition to Registered Nurse.
· Obtain vital signs
· Assist with ADL's while patient in detox unit as needed
· Assists patient care staff by performing the following procedures: wound care, splinting, and EKG's.
· Provides patient care that may relate to rehabilitation to carry out multidisciplinary care plan for each patient.
· Provides unit desk clerk functions when needed.
· Obtains and maintains the integrity of specimens in accordance with policy and procedure, according to physician order.
· Uses two patient identifiers with proper labeling.
· Blood glucose monitoring.
· Urine and respiratory testing.
· Assist with transporting patients to and from appointments.
· Will transport medications to and from pharmacy and within the unit.
· Provide therapeutic intervention with patients including 1:1 when needed.
· Conduct room checks and roll call for groups as needed.
· Staff have access to non-controlled medications storage and supply areas and can transport non-controlled medications as necessary to meet the needs of the clinic and unit.
· Coordinate relations between care providers, patients, and visitors.
· Promotes a caring and healing environment for patient-centered care.
· Perform routine duties as well as varied duties based on department needs.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Required), Bachelor's Degree-Psychology (Preferred)
Certification(s) and License(s)
Valid Driver's License - Default Issuing Body; Basic Life Support Certification - Default Issuing Body
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
At Geisinger, our innovative ideas are inspired by the communities we serve – like our Fresh FoodFarmacy, a program that delivers life-saving healthy alternatives to patients with diabetes. With additional tools like our MyCode Community Health Initiative, one of the first health system genome sequencingprograms, and our new asthma app suite that we developed in partnership with AstraZeneca, it’s no wonder we’re ranked one of the Top 5 Most Innovative Healthcare Systems by Becker's Hospital Review. We continually work towards continuous improvement in a culture where everyone has a voice and firmly believe that better begins with all of us.Founded more than 100 years ago, Geisinger serves more than three million residents throughout central, south-central and northeastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey. Our physician-led system is comprised of 30,000 employees, including 1,600 employed physicians, and consists of 1...3 hospital campuses, the Geisinger Health Plan, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine and two research centers. What you do at Geisinger shapes the future of health and improves lives – for our patients, communities, and you.