Those who have joined the Banner mission come from all walks of life, united by the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
Banner Del E. Webb Medical Center has been named to the nation???s 100 Top Hospitals list for 2019 by IBM Watson Health.????Banner Del E. Webb Medical Center is dedicated to a high-tech, high-touch philosophy of care that has kept us a top healthcare choice in the Northwest Valley for more than 20 years. We are deeply committed to providing the highest quality of clinical care along with an excellent patient care experience. We would like you to??bring your RN experience to our team and we will help you grow in your career with Banner! Banner Del Webb Medical Center is located in Sun City, AZ and is the hospital of choice for many within our community.
As a Behavioral Health Specialist??you will focus on safety checks, assisting in ADL's, Milieu management, falls prevention measures, and 1 on 1 observations. Previous Nursing assistant experience is preferred.??This position is for a Full-time Night Shift Opening for the Behavioral Health Unit! The hours will be from 7:00pm - 7:30am??for 3 shifts per week which will include weekends and holidays on a rotating basis. Full-time Day is also open, the hours will be from 7:00am to 7:30pm for 3 shifts per week which will include weekends and holidays on a rotating basis and an 18% Night Shift differential!??
Weekend rotations are required in this role. Enjoy a flat rate $1/hour weekend shift differential!??
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides direct care to psychiatric patients working under the direction of a registered nurse.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides basic nursing care to patients including technical monitoring, taking vital signs and physical care. Orients patients to treatment setting and assists with activities of daily living as needed. Reviews and participates in implementation of the patient treatment plan. Makes rounds and monitors patients activities, physical and mental status and reports to nursing staff. Checks patient belongings for contraband. Conducts a variety of patient safety monitoring activities such as observational checks. Documents observations, interventions, and group activities in the patient medical record while maintaining confidentiality of all health information.
2. Assists in maintaining a safe, orderly & therapeutic environment. Maintains patient safety and protects patient rights through observation and reporting patient behaviors, communications, interactions and physical status. Recognizes patients who are behaving aggressively, acting as a danger to themselves or others, or are in a crisis or medical emergency situation. Provides intervention including, but not limited to, redirecting of patient and/or participating in restraint or seclusion as needed.
3. Assesses and interacts therapeutically with patients and families. Provides treatment that promotes patient dignity, independence, individuality, strengths, privacy, and choice. Demonstrates respect for cultural diversity and patient boundaries. Plans and facilitates social and didactic group activities. May participate in other rehabilitation and treatment programs.
4. Provides quality patient care by maintaining knowledge and skill level related to the symptoms and treatment of behavioral disorders relevant to position responsibilities and in accordance with state agency regulations. Maintains knowledge to identify types of medications commonly prescribed for patient group and the common side effects and adverse reactions of the medications.
5. Assists in the admission, discharge and transfer process of patients and completes required documentation in the patient medical record.
6. Position completes work under moderate supervision. Position interacts with all levels of clinical staff on assigned unit/program and members of the multidisciplinary teams, as well as patients, families, and medical and psychiatric physicians.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Requires a Bachelor???s Degree in a behavioral health related field OR High School diploma or equivalent with 1 year of direct patient care in an inpatient behavioral health setting. This should include but is not limited to experience in an inpatient psychiatric facility; assisting with personal grooming and other activities of daily living; conducting educational, recreational and skills groups appropriate to current patient population; creating, maintaining, and encouraging an inpatient therapeutic milieu; maintaining observation precautions and applying non-violent de-escalation interventions in crisis situations; recognizing the common symptoms of mental illness such as depression, psychosis, mood dysregulation, substance abuse, maladaptive behavior, and anxiety; understanding how symptoms are related the patient???s mental illness diagnosis and providing ordered treatment interventions appropriate to the diagnosis. Such experience is commonly achieved in care of patients in psychiatric acute care hospitals, inpatient psychiatric facilities and State hospital programs. Some outpatient programs, therapeutic group home and residential programs may meet the experience criteria. Concentration on skills and experiences demonstrating competence in building therapeutic rapport, developing collaborative relationships with the multidisciplinary team, de-escalation techniques and limit setting. Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is also required.
Meets age requirement as specified by state agency.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.