Location: Margaretville, New York
Provides comprehensive mental health assessment and treatment services for outpatients in the Mental Health Clinic's Delaware County program. Also acts as a liaison between the clinic and the Delaware Couhty schools where the program operates.
- Completes clinical assessments with new patients, including assessment of presenting problems with history, mental status assessment, risk assessment, assessment of strengths and resources, determination of ICD 10 diagnosis, and assessment of readiness for treatment.
- Develops and regularly reviews and updates written, individualized treatment plans in collaboration with patients and other program treatment providers.
- Provides evidence based treatment services, including individual, group, and/or family psychotherapy, as specified in patient treatment plans and reviews.
- Takes effective action to insure patients' safety, reduce the risk of harm to patients and others, and strengthen patients' coping skills when patients experience mental health crises or emergencies.
- Makes clinically appropriate referrals and recommendations and closes cases when discharge criteria are met or when patients leave treatment for other reasons.
- Contributes to efforts to improve the quality and scope of services offered by the program.
- Completes all tasks required for scheduling and billing purposes, including submission of service information for statistical record keeping and reporting.
- Completes clinical documentation within required timeframes, including intake assessments, treatment plans and reviews, progress notes, and termination summaries.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Three (3) yrs. post graduate clinical experience in a mental health setting.
Masters or doctoral degree in a mental health profession (Mental Health Counseling, Creative Arts Therapy, Marriage and Family Therapy)
Licenses / Certifications:
NYS Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC), Creative Arts Therapist (LCAT), or Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
Good interpersonal and communication skills (verbal/written). Ability to function as an effective team member; experience/training working with high risk patients.
WMC Advanced Physician Services PC